Instructor: Laurie Di Giulio, Developer/Facilitator
Credentials: Massage Therapist, NKT Practitioner-Level 3, Personal Trainer, Yoga Instructor, Educator, Conference Presenter
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2019.
Cost: $ TBA
SensoriMotor Retraining Technique is a combination of assessment, treatment, and corrective exercise using an approach informed by Vleeming’s 5 kinetic chains, role of ligaments as sensory organs, and pairing sensory change with improved motor outputs.
This two day course will include discussion of important anatomical structures that make up the kinetic chains and how to assess these structures in a simple, sequential way to identify a framework for approaching corrections/treatment. Attendees will explore the role of ligaments in these kinetic chains, and how they contribute to optimal or dysfunctional movement patterns and what this means to our practice as manual therapists or fitness professionals. We will access ligaments using tools or touch to alter sensory input and cause reflexive affects in other tissues, followed by integration of movement patterns to improve function and manage pain. This course is appropriate for manual therapists and fitness professionals.
Students who complete this course will be able to:
• Identify the value of movement assessment, and how to integrate it into practice.
• Assess movement related to the five kinetic chains.
• Identify and assess ligaments, joint capsules and muscles involved in movement dysfunctions.
• Treat/stimulate a target ligament, joint capsule, or muscle to improve motor control.
• Make recommendations for individualized home care that combines ligament/joint capsule/muscle
stimulation and therapeutic exercise drills to improve treatment outcomes.
• Establish and understand the role of a treatment hierarchy, and its importance in improving quality of
• Course notes will be provided.
• Attendees may want to have anatomy references available.
• Attendees may wish to bring tools they use in practice (ex. IASTM tools, foam rollers).
• Massage tables may be required, dependant on location of course.
An experienced healthcare practitioner using NeuroKinetic® Therapy, P-DTR, massage therapy, personal training, cupping massage, and yoga training to help guide others towards wellness. A dedicated professional that is well organized, efficient, goal-oriented and motivated to succeed. Working well independently and as part of a team while possessing the ability to foster communication and collaboration. Having high personal integrity and the ability to relate to and create trust. Committed to continued learning and experimentation to avoid dogma as a practitioner and educator. Possessing a profound reverence for life.